Though well-grown and mature trees look more pleasant they equally tend risks as well. Branches may run into your house through windows. There are many reasons why these well-grown trees tend to risk to you and your property. The following are some of the reasons why mature trees tend risks.
- Branches run into the home and cause property damages
- Shredding lots of leaves every day
- Leaves shredded by trees block the drainage
- Dangerous branches can fall on your houses because of certain weather conditions
- The tree might contain diseased wood
- The roots of the tree run into your home
- The height of the tree might sometimes just fear you
For all these reasons there is only one solution which is tree pruning. Tree pruning is a method where the above risks are reduced to the maximum extent. Tree pruning cannot be done by yourself it needs a professional or arborist because the process involves in tree pruning involves a lot of risks. So always hire a professional for your tree pruning needs.
A professional tree pruner climbs up the tree using some special equipment like cranes and removes the extra branches, dead wood, and diseased wood from the trees. The following are some of the advantages of pruning.
- Improves the shape of the tree
- Reduces the weight of the tree
- The height of the tree can be reduced
- Allows more light
- Dead wood will be removed
- Diseased wood can be removed
- Removes branches without damaging the tree
- Controls growth of the tree in the desired manner
There are different types of pruning like palm pruning, crown lifting, remedial pruning dead Wooding, and more. Never try to prune the tree all by yourself, you will not only damage the tree but also cause damage to yourself and your property.
Is Trimming Essential For Trees?
Tree trimming is one of the aesthetic reasons which help in the growth of healthy and strong trees. If you do not know how to do it then you not only hurt the trees but also hurt yourself in the process. The tree trimming process has to help the growth of the tree proves instead of hurting it.
Most trees can be trimmed in summer, but for some trees, summer is not the best time to trim. You have to acquire complete knowledge of the nature and habits of a tree before dealing with it. For example, oaks should not be trimmed especially in the months of summer. Maples can be trimmed in dead winter to prevent bleeding. Before trimming any tree it is better to talk to an arborist in your area for your tree’s safety.
Tree Trimming Tips
There are many tips to consider while trimming a tree. The following are some of the tips for trimming a tree:
- Do not cut a limb too short.
- Never leave a limb too long
- Cut the branch close to the collar to avoid entry for insects
- Never remove off or cut major branches of a tree
- Cutting down major branches can lead to the disproportionate structure of the tree
Safety Measures While Trimming a Tree
The following are some of the safety precautions to consider while trimming the trees on your property. The sharp-cutting tools may cause serious injuries if you will not take any safety measures.
- Never trim trees by climbing a tree
- Never climb trees with cutting tools
- Always use safety glasses and a hat while trimming or climbing a tree
- Never use a chainsaw improperly
- Always hire a professional for major trimmings
It is important to know everything about trimming before performing it.